The United States president, Donald John Trump has announced that the deportation of undocumented migrants will begin after July 4.
Trump made this announcement while saying that US Immigration authorities had earlier announced plan to launch a sweeping effort to deport recently arrived undocumented families; adding that “We will be removing large numbers of people starting sometime after July 4.”
Fox Meek understands that the operation is expected to target up to 2,000 families facing deportation orders in as many as 10 US cities, including Houston, Chicago, Miami and Los Angeles.
“Due to law-enforcement sensitivities and the safety and security of US Immigration and Customs Enforcement personnel, the agency will not offer specific details related to enforcement operations before the conclusion of those actions,” a spokesman for the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement who declined to comment said.
The Acting Director of ICE, Mark Morgan, said the agency would target for deportation families that have received a removal order from a US immigration court. Morgan said ICE wanted to deport undocumented families who had recently arrived in the US to discourage more Central Americans from arriving.
Before the formal kickoff of his 2020 re-election campaign, Trump had in tweeted announced that that ICE would begin removing “the millions” of undocumented immigrants in the US.
“The president’s new threat of a mass deportation dragnet is an act of utter malice and bigotry, designed solely to inject fear in our communities,” House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi, the country’s top Democrat, who responded to Trump’s tweet said.